FILM COMMISSION & FILM LIAISON
Section 1: APPLICATION PROCESS
- Submit this completed form along with your payment to the AFCI office (email completed form to Marjorie Galas, SVP Membership & Industry Relations at Marj.Galas@afci.org)
- The AFCI Executive Office will review the membership application
- Notice of new applications will be posted to all current AFCI members via a Newsletter, allowing for a 30-day comment period from our membership
- Following the 30-day membership review, if no concerns are raised, the application will be approved.
- Applicant is notified of application acceptance; at this time, the new member is considered an Interim Member and has 18 months to satisfy the Full Membership requirements of completion of two core education courses: Film Commission Fundamentals and Film Commission Professional (provided free, and available online).
Section 2: TYPES OF FILM COMMISSION MEMBERSHIP
FULL MEMBERSHIP: Any Film Commission/Office that meets the membership requirements as set forth in the AFCI Bylaws (see Section 9) and whose official representative has successfully completed the AFCI educational requirements – Film Commission Fundamentals and Film Commission Professional.
INTERIM MEMBERSHIP: Any Film Commission/Office new to AFCI membership that does not currently meet all requirements for Full Membership. This status may be held for a maximum of 18 months, by which time all Full Membership requirements must be met. When the Full Membership requirements are met, the Interim Member is automatically upgraded to Full Member Status.
NOTE: AFCI Members are Film Commissions/Offices, NOT individuals. Memberships remain with Commissions/Offices and do not transfer with individuals.