FILM COMMISSION & FILM LIAISON
Section 1: APPLICATION PROCESS
- Submit this completed form along with your payment to the AFCI office (email completed form to Marjorie Galas, SVP Membership & Industry Relations at Marj.Galas@afci.org)
- The AFCI Executive Office holds the right to review all submitted applications for Business Affiliates as well as Film Commissions and Film Liaisons.
- Notice of new members, including Film Commissions, Film Liaisons and Business Affiliates will be posted to all current AFCI members via a Newsletter, allowing for a 30-day comment period from our membership
- Following the 30-day membership review, if no concerns are raised, the new member is considered fully inducted.
- If a concern is raised, a review period will commence. If, for any reason, membership is denied, the membership fee will be re-imbursed minus the administrative fee of $350.00.
Section 2: TYPES OF FILM COMMISSION MEMBERSHIP
AFCI has three membership levels: Film Commission Members, Film Liaison Members and Business Affiliate Members.
Film Commission Members
Film Commissions are non-profit government or government-designated entities chartered to provide information and assistance to industry, usually at no cost.
Film Liaison Members
Film Liaisons are government or public departments, such as local council, police, government environmental agencies, ect. whose staff interface with industry on occasion.
Business Affiliates are usually for-profit businesses/organizations that provide a product or service that benefits the film, television, media/screen sector industry.