Miami-Dade Office of Film & Entertainment
FilMiami is cooperation between the two Greater Miami Film Offices: Miami-Dade County and Miami Beach, as well as several County municipalities, to offer a one-stop film/photo permitting system. The one-stop permitting platform allows our production clients the ease of applying for a film/photo permit in several different jurisdictions all in one place.
Both the Miami-Dade County Office of film and Entertainment and the Miami Beach Office of Film & Event Production Management are full service film commissions providing location and logistical assistance, government liaison, production information and referral sources.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions and we look forward to making your production a success.
Miami-Dade County’s Office of Film and Entertainment is launching a local TV/film and digital entertainment production incentive program. The program intends to help support individual film and entertainment projects that will benefit the industry workforce and boost the local economy. Productions will have to meet certain requirements to benefit from the program. Among those are the following:
- The production must spend at least $1,000,000 in Miami-Dade County on payroll (for Miami-Dade County residents only) and other expenditures.
- At least 70% of the entire production budget must be produced in Miami-Dade County.
- Each production project is required to hire a minimum of 50 main cast and crew (employees) that are Miami-Dade County residents and must include at least one student / recent graduate of a local college or university.
- Salaries for Miami-Dade County residents hired must be a minimum of the current living wage as defined by County law.
- At least 80% of vendors utilized on the production project must be Miami-Dade County-based registered businesses.
The rebate for qualifying productions would be a maximum of $100,000 per project. Each project's eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis, and each project/grant agreement will require approval by the Board of County Commissioners. Grants will only be disbursed after the project is completed and proof that all requirements were satisfied has been submitted.
For more information on the TV/film and digital entertainment production incentive program, visit www.filmiami.org.