The Film Industry Financial Incentive (FIFI) program provides a cash rebate for production companies of up to 15% on dollars spent in the State of Wyoming. The production company must spend a minimum amount of $500,000 to qualify and then meet additional criteria to determine the rebate percentage between 12%-15%.
Qualified expenditures generally include, but are not limited to:
• Wages, salaries, or other compensation for technical and production crews, directors, producers, performers and extras who are residents of this state.
• Expenditures on goods and services in Wyoming for preproduction, production, post-production, digital media effects services, rental equipment, meals, lodging, sets, and set construction.
Rebate percentage between 12% and 15% based on the following criteria:
• Wyoming storyline (full 15% rebate)
• Behind the scenes footage highlighting Wyoming locations (up to 14% rebate)
• Wyoming props and product placement (up to 13% rebate)
• Filmed in Wyoming credit (minimum 12% rebate)
• Other promotional opportunities that provide Wyoming tourism value could be negotiated to determine rebate percentage.
Lodging tax is waived for hotel/motel stays in excess of 30 days.
The Wyoming Film Office has asked Wyoming businesses to offer production companies filming in Wyoming an additional 10% discount on production related services.
Check web site for more information about filming in Wyoming-